Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Woman Brutally Mugged In City Hall Park

"The other perp then choked her with both hands and snarled, "Check her purse, too," the sources said."

 Julia Melnova: $2,000 bag lost..
Julia Melnova, 24, was mugged on Friday night while sitting on a bench in City Hall Park.

Manhattan

A runway model was ambushed and viciously attacked by two bandits who stole her $2,000 designer purse and a bag of groceries just steps from City Hall, police sources said yesterday, according to the New York Post.

"I don't think I'll ever feel safe again when it's dark unless there are people around. Right now it's 5 p.m. and I feel scared," said sexy Russian siren Julia Melnova, 24, who has modeled for Elle magazine and done runway shows in Europe.

"My friend told me to buy a pistol, but I don't know if I will. The whole thing was five minutes but it felt like forever," Melnova said.

The violent mugging occurred at about 11:20 p.m. Friday as the red-haired beauty was sitting on a bench chatting on her $200 BlackBerry in City Hall Park after shopping at Whole Foods, sources said.

Two hooded men sneaked up behind her and one of them barked, "Don't move. Give me your money," and then snatched her BlackBerry, police sources said.

"I couldn't believe it was happening. I felt like my eyes were blurring. I felt nauseous," Melnova said.

The other perp then choked her with both hands and snarled, "Check her purse, too," the sources said.

"I told them to take everything. I didn't have cash," she said.

The first thief then allegedly grabbed Melnova's $2,000 red Lanvin purse containing her credit cards and also snatched her bag of groceries.

Read More:

Beauty & beasts
New York Post - November 16, 2010 - By Jamie Schram and Rececca Harshbarger

No comments:

Post a Comment