Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Union Sq. Park Hammer Suspect Tied To Earlier Madison Square Park Attack And Two Others


There was a heavy uniform police presence in Union Square Park on Tuesday evening.
Police have identified a Bronx man wanted in a series of hammer attacks in Manhattan on Monday.  (Photos: Geoffrey CroftNYC Park Advocates) Click on Images to enlarge

Manhattan

By Geoffrey Croft

Police have identified the man wanted in a series of hammer attacks.

Police believe the hammer-wielding man who attacked a woman in Union Square Park on Monday night also struck a 34-year-old woman two hours earlier in Madison Square Park.

























The suspect wanted in Monday's Union Square Park attack is also tied to an earlier assualt in Madison Square Park. (Photo: DCPI)


Authorities now believe he is responsible for at least four attacks within six hours hours. 

There was a heavy uniform police presence in Union Square Park on Tuesday evening.

Wanted posters could be found on virtually every lamp post surrounding the park. 

The twenty-eight-year old victim was sitting alone on a park bench by Evelyn's Playground in Union Square Park when she was attacked from behind by the deranged man.

 “I was walking to the train station in Union Square and someone came up behind me and yelled something and then the next thing I know I was struck in the head,  she told CBS news.  

"I initially I thought I got punched, but later on when I looked at my hand I was bleeding.”

She has four staples in her head but is expected to be alright.

Police have identified a Bronx man with a psychological and arrest history as a suspect, the Daily News reported.  

According to the paper they were able to get his name through a facial recognition hit from a photograph of the attacker.



Police on patrol near Evelyn's Playground in Union Square Park where a twenty-eight-year old victim was attacked from behind by the deranged man.

Read More:




No comments:

Post a Comment